Shredded Chicken Tacos
Who knew you could make such delicious tacos at home? Now every week you can indulge for Taco Tuesday without spending a lot of money dining out! Follow the recipe below for some delicious chicken tacos and if you want, boneless chicken breasts can also be used.
- 2 (8 oz.) cans Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons White Distilled Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 3 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Oregano Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- Goya Adobo with Pepper, to taste
- 1 package Goya Corn or Flour Tortillas, warmed
- For the Garnish:
- shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- sliced avocado
- Hot Sauce
- In medium bowl, mix together tomato sauce, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and sugar. Season with Adobo; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with Adobo. Cook chicken, turning once, until light golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Add reserved tomato sauce mixture to pan; bring to a boil (be careful, the tomato sauce can splatter). Lower heat to medium low. Simmer, covered, until cooked through (thermometer will register 170 degrees F when inserted into thickest part of breast), flipping once, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board; reserve sauce in pan. Remove and discard bones and skin. Using two forks, shred chicken breast. Transfer chicken to skillet with sauce, mixing to combine; continue to cook until sauce reduces and blends into chicken, and mixture begins to caramelize, about 10 minutes more.
- Transfer chicken mixture to serving bowl. Spoon into warmed corn or flour tortillas.
- Garnish with homemade Pico De Gallo made with chopped tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.
- Top it off with sliced avocados and/or red cabbage, if desired.
- Sprinkle with hot sauce, if you like it spicy and enjoy!
Recipe from All Recipes