This salad is will change anyone you know who doesn’t like eating salads. Its hearty and much more filling than just a plate of greens. The roasted chorizo and potatoes give it a nice salty crunch. The dried figs are a little sweet and if you don’t like arugula you can easily substitute with baby spinach! Top with some beautiful shaved creamy manchego cheese and you’re all set.
- 2 oz Manchego
- 5 oz arugula
- 3 oz dried figs
- 0.3oz whole grain mustard
- 0.5oz sherry wine vinegar
- 2oz shallot
- 4oz dried chorizo
- 16oz micro gold potatoes
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Roast Potatoes- Preheat oven to 425°F. Halve any larger potatoes and toss with 2 tablespoons oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast until sizzling and about half tender, 10 minutes.
- Roast Chorizo- Slice chorizo into ¼-inch rounds. Add to baking sheet with potatoes and continue to roast until chorizo is crispy and potatoes are golden and tender, 8–10 minutes more.
3. Make the dressing- Meanwhile, trim, peel and finely chop shallot; place in a large bowl and add vinegar, mustard, and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Thinly slice figs and add to dressing.
4. Prep the arugula- Trim stems from arugula, then wash and spin dry. Add to dressing but don’t toss.
5. Shave the manchego- Thinly shave manchego with a vegetable peeler and add to arugula.
6. Serve- Scrape potatoes and chorizo into bowl and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Then sit back and enjoy!
Recipe and photo above from Marley Spoon