When one door closes, another one opens. This could not be more true for Pamela M. Kingsland, a bubbly blonde whose release from working for corporate hotels led her to her true passion for baking. She started selling her baked goods at farmer’s markets in Northern Liberties and in only a few weeks was selling out and saving up to open Pamcakes in February 2011 right at 20th and Pine.
With the encouragement and support of her father Bob, a cute little cupcake shop blossomed off of Rittenhouse Square. Growing up, Pam’s father owned a fish market and would wrap the fish in brown paper tied with a string, as an ode to her father’s old business each bright pink Pamcakes cupcake box is also tied with a red and white string.
Daily Flavors you will always find on the shelves at Pamcake’s include:
- The Classic– Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Cake, Creamy Milk Chocolate Buttercream
- Black & White– Chocolate Cake, Creamy Vanilla Buttercream
- Vanilla Lovers– Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Cake, Creamy Vanilla Buttercream
- Triple Chocolate Threat– Chocolate Chip Studded Chocolate Cake, Creamy Chocolate Buttercream
- Southern Red Velvet– Classic Red Velvet Cake, Cream Cheese Frosting
And you will want to stop by more frequently to check out all the unique Rotating Flavors offered like:
- Cookies & Cream– Vanilla Cookie Crumb Cake, Vanilla Cream Filling, Creamy Vanilla Buttercream, topped with Cookie Crumbs
- Peanut Butter Cup– Double Chocolate Chip Cake, Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting, Peanut Butter Cup Topping
- Chocolate Coconut– Double Chocolate Cake, Cream Cheese Frosting, Rolled in Coconut Flakes
- Strawberry Cheesecake– Vanilla Cake, Strawberry Cheesecake Filling, Strawberry Buttercream
- Monkey Business– Banana Chocolate Chip Cake, Honey Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pam’s KandyCake TastyCake– Fluffy Vanilla Cake, Chocolate Ganache Filling, Peanut Butter Frosting, Drizzled with Chocolate Ganache
- Peanut Butter & Jelly– Yellow Cake, Strawberry Preserves Filling, Peanut Butter Frosting, Crushed Peanuts
- Strawberry Lemonade– Lemon Speckled Cake topped with Sweet Strawberry Buttercream
One of our favorites has got to be the Ice Cream Sundae cupcake which as its name suggests looks just like an ice cream sundae. For the summer, Pamcake’s even offers special Seasonal Flavors like:
- Fresh Strawberries & Cream: (Mid April-August) Sweet Strawberry Cake, Vanilla Cream Filling, Fresh Strawberry Buttercream
- Key Lime Pie: (April-August) Key Lime Cake, Whipped Cream Filling, Fresh Lime Buttercream
- Coconut Lime: (April-August) Key Lime Cake, Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting, Rolled in Coconut Flakes
Pam’s personal favorite is the Black & White Cupcake for its deliciousness and simplicity. All of her cupcake creations have been inspired by personal tastes. Pam enjoys creating cupcakes for her customers that are comforting and yummy. Her shop certainly makes you feel like these cupcakes are baked with love. Special order miniature and jumbo cupcakes are also available.
And Pamcakes doesn’t just do cupcakes, this bakery also sells Belgian Waffle Cookies, Push-pops, Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Covered Oreos, and more! Delivery is available too, so you don’t have any excuse to miss out on the fun.
Call ahead for catering orders and special order cake jars. Or take a stroll over to 20th and Pine to grab a bite, enjoy some La Columbe coffee and outside seating while you indulge your sweet tooth with Pamcakes. Cupcakes are suggested to be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for 2-3 days for maximum deliciousness!
We would like to thank Pam for taking the time to meet with us and tell us about Pamcakes!