Summer is coming to a close so why not reward yourself for all that work you did to get your beach bod? This recipe is also great for a hungover brunch or mid-day snack. Carbs, cheese, and bacon is a deadly combo sure to induce a foodcoma shortly after. Don’t worry September might be around the corner and school is starting up again, but that also means Pumpkin spiced everything will be rolling out real soon!
- 3 large baking potatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon imitation bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a resealable plastic bag, toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly onto baking pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove cover and turn potatoes.
- Bake for 10 additional minutes or until lightly browned.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan.
- Add flour and stir over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add milk and stir until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese, green onions, bacon bits and pepper.
- Serve potato wedges with warm cheese sauce
Recipe from Food.com