This week we’ve got a recipe sponsored by Dorot Gardens which specializes in developing, producing and marketing of frozen seasoning products all over the world. These Cheesy Baked Potatoes are pure comfort food and sure to warm up your loved ones on even the coldest of days. Dorot was established in 1992 and is fully owned by Kibbutz Dorot in the southern part of Israel. The kibbutz has more than 3,500 acres of field crops – garlic & herbs – which are picked, and then immediately chopped, packaged and frozen in a unique fast freeze process, within 90 minutes of harvest, maintaining their taste, freshness and nutritive value.
Dorot’s preservative-free garlic, ginger, dill, basil, parsley, chili, and cilantro is a “secret weapon” of home cooks of all skill levels and professional chefs alike, they’re convenience and delicious flavor will improve every recipe. All Dorot products are natural, raw, and vegan. They are non-GMO, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and soy-free, and contain no preservatives or artificial flavors. Find it in the frozen veggie aisle at most major grocery retailers including ShopRite, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, and Wegman’s.
- 1/2 stick of melted butter
- 6 medium potatoes cooked al dente, skin on or peeled, sliced into rounds
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large beaten eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheese, such as mozzarella
- 2 cubes Dorot’s Frozen Chopped Dill
- 1 cube Dorot’s Frozen Crushed Garlic
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Brush melted butter into the bottom and up the sides of a 13×9-inch or large round baking pan.
3. Add potatoes in layers, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper.
4. In a blender or by hand, mix eggs, sour cream, dill and garlic cubes until smooth. Pour over potatoes and sprinkle cheese.
5. Bake 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil and continue to bake 5-10 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Images from Dorot