We promise even your most carnivorous friends will be impressed with these vegetarian burgers. Ancient Harvest has been creating modern versions of ancient foods for more than 35 years. This recipe shines with the key ingredient of their Organic Quinoa.
Ancient Harvest’s organic, whole grain Traditional Quinoa is everything you’re looking for in your next recipe, meal and more. Complete, plant-based protein, great flavor and texture- plus it’s gluten-free. Our favorite way to serve these burgers up is on a whole-wheat or gluten-free bun with some fresh avocado, sliced tomato, and perhaps sriracha ketchup?
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup Ancient Harvest Traditional Quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Prep: Make sure all your veggies are cleaned and cut; black beans drained and rinsed.
- Boil: Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mash: Roughly mash the black beans with a fork leaving some whole black beans in a paste-like mixture.
- Mix: In a large bowl with your hands the quinoa, bread crumbs, bell pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, hot pepper sauce, and egg into the black beans.
- Form: the black bean mixture into 5 patties.
- Heat: the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Sear: the patties in the hot oil until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Plate with an assortment of your favorite burger toppings and enjoy!