We’re enjoying the beautiful September weather and taking full advantage of our last days of grilling with Shoprite’s Wholesome Pantry Teriyaki Marinade. There is no more satisfying way to enjoy your veggies than by grilling them and some of the best way to add seasoning is with a nice marinade. Read on to learn how we used #WholesomePantry to upgrade our vegetables and #BBQwithaBuzz.
- 2 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup Wholesome Pantry Organic Teriyaki Marinade (plus more for serving)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 small red onions
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 8 small campari or large cherry tomatoes
- Soak 10 wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat (350°F).
- Put the sesame seeds and salt in a small, hot, dry skillet and toast over medium high heat until the seeds are lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine the Wholesome Pantry Organic Teriyaki Marinade and sesame oil.
- Prepping the vegetables: Cut the onions into quarters. Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp towel. Cut the zucchini and squash in half lengthwise then cut into 8 evenly sized pieces about ¾ inch thick. Cut each pepper into 8 evenly sized pieces.
- Thread the vegetables on 8 of the skewers, alternating the vegetables. Thread the tomatoes on the remaining 2 skewers.
- Brush well with the Teriyaki/sesame oil sauce.
- To prevent any sticking, brush the grates of the grill with oil.
- Place on the skewers and cook the vegetable skewers 10 minutes with the lid to the barbeque closed as much as possible, turning and brushing with the sauce frequently.
- Put the tomato skewers on the grill and cook with the vegetables for about 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft but not falling off the skewers.
- The vegetables should be crisp tender with some grill marks on them, 15 – 20 minutes total.
- Brush each skewer with more sauce and sprinkle with the sesame seed/salt mixture. Serve one vegetable skewer and one tomato per person.
What are some of your favorite go to recipes on the grill or utilizing the last haul of beautiful summer veggies? Comment on our Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook to share you ideas and recipes!
Cover photo courtesy of Brand New Vegan