The warmer days may be behind us, but that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy a light but savory Fall meal. We love to indulge in meat and potatoes when the temperature drops, but it does make us feel good to eat good. So check out this recipe for Halibut with Zoodles in Tomato Broth when you’re trying to be a bit more health conscious this Fall… after all you know Thanksgiving will be here before you know it!
- 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 4 Halibut fillets (approx. 6 oz.)
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Shallots, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 pound frozen artichokes, thawed (optional)
- 1/2 cup dry White Wine
- 1 1/2 cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz. )
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh Thyme leaves
- 3-4 Zucchinis (spiralized to desired thickness)
- Set one large pot of water on high till boiling. Once boiling drop in zoodles for approx 2-3 minutes. Watch it they cook fast!
- Drain cooked zoodles and run under cold water.
- Dry fillets with paper towel and drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the halibut and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Cook the fish on the grill pan until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic (and optional artichokes) and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and stir, scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes and juice, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer then toss in handfuls of zoodles.
- Ladle the artichoke and tomato broth into shallow bowls. Top with the grilled halibut. Serve immediately.