- 2 cups lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound orzo pasta, cooked al dente, drained
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 small cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 40 shrimp, peeled and de-veined
Special Tools: 8 medium wooden skewers, soaked in water
Lemon Dill Butter:
Place lemon juice in a small non-reactive saucepan with crushed and diced garlic clove. Reduce liquid to 3 tablespoons. Place the butter in a medium bowl, add the lemon syrup and dill, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and scrape into a ramekin. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Whisk together the zest, juice, oil, dill, and garlic, then season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix the pasta, cheese, peppers, olives, and scallions together in a bowl. Pour the vinaigrette over and mix to combine. Add the oregano and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Preheat grill to high. Toss the shrimp in some olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Thread 5 shrimp on a skewer, bending the shrimp so that the skewer passes through it twice. Grill, turning once for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the grill to a large platter and brush generously with Lemon-Dill Butter. Garnish with fresh dill.