You’ve surely heard by now how popular Buffalo Cauliflower has become for vegans, vegetarians, and carnivores alike! This delicious dish can easily be made vegan, gluten-free (using almond flour), keto friendly and low carb. As an alternative to chicken wings you’re sure to enjoy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites. Actually, THIS dish tastes great however you like it paired with your favorite hot sauce and a side of celery sticks. Now when it comes to dipping we’ll let you decide if you’re Team Ranch or Team Blue Cheese.
- 1 head of cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup flour or flour alternative
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3/4 – 1 cup of your favorite hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp. butter
Directions for Air Fryer:
TIP: DO NOT crowd the air fryer pan. This is why you want to cook the cauliflower in two batches. To reheat or add extra crunch crunch, put cauliflower bites under the broiler for 2 minutes, then serve.
- Rinse and cut cauliflower head into bites or florets.
- In a large mixing bowl – combine all dry ingredients (flour, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, black pepper) then whisk in water and milk until batter has no lumps.
- Add fresh cauliflower florets to batter and mix well to evenly coat with batter. Remove florets one at a time and transfer to a separate dish so that excess batter can run off.
- Coat air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray or oil, then add battered florets to air fryer basket in a single layer. Also, try to keep them from touching (if possible) so that all sides can get direct heat.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot (or in microwave) – bring hot sauce, butter, and molasses to low simmer, mixing well to combine. Then remove from heat.
- Once cauliflower is done cooking, transfer to a bowl. When ready to serve, cover with sauce, then toss to coat.
- Serve IMMEDIATELY with your dipping sauce of choice, or none at all. Enjoy!
Directions for oven:
Place prepared cauliflower florets on a foil lined pan and bake for 15 minutes at 450˚F. Gently stir cauliflower halfway through cooking.