No matter what time of year, chicken wings are always a crowd pleaser. While saucy wings may be delicious, when using an air fryer dry rubs are ideal. We love all sorts of seasoning, but as summer approaches we’re in the mood for Caribbean flavors and Jamaican Jerk seasonings. There are plenty of delicious jerk blends ranging from mild to hot. Below we’ve listed a blend of common spices you may have at home to create your own blend.
We recently received samples of Saint Lucifer Habanero Table Spice #11, which is a local brand. We LOVE using Saint Lucifer because of its blend of garlic, salt, paprika, vinegar and fiery habanero peppers. It is most definitely HOT! While we used chicken wings for this recipe feel free to substitute chicken thighs or even breasts.
- 2-3 lbs of whole chicken wings
- Ground black pepper and salt
- 1 tbsp ground coriander seed
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1. 5 tsp ground ginger
- 1.5 tsp ground nutmeg
- Oil (olive oil, coconut oil-melted, non-stick spray)
- Remove chicken from packaging and pat dry. Place on a large baking sheet covered with paper towels to soak up any residual liquid.
- In a small bowl combine coriander, cinnamon, cayenne, ginger and nutmeg OR use your favorite seasoning mix. In a large mixing bowl, toss the chicken with seasoning and make sure all sides are well coated. I used my hands to really mix everything together, but be careful when handling raw meat.
- Brush both sides of seasoned chicken with coconut oil, olive oil, or spray air fryer basket with non-stick coating.
- Place some chicken into your air fryer basket (they should not overlap, but it’s okay if they are touching). Air fry at 380 degrees F for 10-20 minutes.
NOTE: Beginning temperature of the chicken will make a difference in cooking time. Make sure juices are running clear before transferring chicken out of the air fryer. If the chicken needs a couple more minutes, just continue to air fry until done.
5. Remove chicken from basket and place chicken in an oven safe dish, covering tightly with foil. Keep warm in the oven until all chicken is done. Repeat air frying instructions with the rest of your chicken.