No matter how hard we may try, there is no denying the sudden craving for Mexican food. Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner so we’ve cooked up some Tostadas that are the perfect fix to your cravings! Tostadas are basically crispy open-faced tacos and super easy to throw together for a weeknight dinner. Pile them high with all your favorite toppings and impress your guests.
- Ground Chicken, Turkey, or Beef (about 6 oz. per person)
- Substitute with Black Beans or Sauteed Peppers and Onions for vegetarians
- Cumin or Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon of Canola Oil
- Corn Tortillas (2 per person)
- Sour Cream
- Queso Fresco/Shredded Cheddar
- Shredded Lettuce/Red Cabbage
- Refried Beans
- Guacamole or Slices of Avocado
- Sliced Jalapeno
- Sliced Lime
- Chopped Cilantro
- Brown the ground meat in a pan over medium heat and season with salt, pepper, and cumin or taco seasoning. Drain fat from pan.
2. Coat a pan over medium-high heat with a tablespoon of canola oil and when oil is shimmering place one tortilla in the center of the pan. Flip over when the edges start to crisp up.
3. Reheat refried beans on the stove and spread on the middle of the tortilla. Pile on toppings of your choice! Squeeze and garnish with a sprinkle of cilantro and squeeze of lime!
Feel free to share your unique creations with us! Enjoy!