This week we’re showcasing a recipe for Blackened Salmon, a simple and health conscious recipe with local produce provided by Philly Foodworks. PFW offers customizable farm shares, bringing the best from the farmer or small business owner to you. We used Sundry Cajun seasoning, but our recipe will give you a guide to making your own seasoning. Use the code PHILMYTUMMY to get $15 OFF your first order!
Philly Foodworks unites producers and consumers in order to increase access to good food for all Philadelphia residents while supporting the business of producers that care about their craft and the communities they work.
With Philly Foodworks you know you’re getting quality products and supporting local business.
Sustaining the vitality of local, sustainable, and compassionate producers is essential to creating stronger communities. Personalized relationships are the core of who we are.
As a producer and small business owner, sales, packaging and transport of the product to the consumer can be the most daunting part of the job. We exist to eliminate that, which means producers can do more of what they love to do: produce premium product for all to enjoy.
We chose to pick-up our order at a drop off location, but customers can also have their order delivered to their door for a $5 charge. We selected Sundry Spices Cajun Seasoning, Asparagus, and Sockeye Salmon.
Ingredients for Blackened Salmon
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 salmon fillets, skin and bones removed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- In a small bowl, mix paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, white pepper, black pepper, thyme, basil and oregano.
- Brush salmon fillets on both sides with 1/4 cup butter, and sprinkle evenly with the cayenne pepper mixture. Drizzle one side of each fillet with 1/2 remaining butter.
- In a large, heavy skillet over high heat, cook salmon, butter side down, until blackened, 2 to 5 minutes. Turn fillets, drizzle with remaining butter, and continue cooking until blackened and fish is easily flaked with a fork.
Recipe from Allrecipes. Photos from Phillyfoodworks.com.