This July 4th, impress your guests by going beyond the burgers and buns and whipping up some beautiful Steak with Chimichurri Sauce with just a little prep and your grill. Chimichurri is a sauce or marinade used for grilled meats originating in Argentina. This light sauce has bright flavors from its fresh ingredients and will surely become a staple in your cooking repertoire. Pair it with some grilled seasonal vegetables and you have an effortless meal that is healthy too!
- ⅓cup olive oil
- ½cup chopped parsley
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1clove garlic, chopped
- ¼teaspoon crushed red pepper
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1½pounds flank steak
- 4 ears fresh corn
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the oil, parsley, vinegar, garlic, red pepper, and ¼ teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Season the steak with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Grill the steak, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, grill the corn, turning occasionally, until slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with the steak and sauce.
Recipe and image from Real Simple