Ai Ramen translates to “ai” meaning “love” in Japanese. Located inside The Shops at Liberty Place food court. Ai Ramen is the newest addition to the food court, brought to you by the great minds behind Hai Street Kitchen. The restaurant opened in June 2016 and focuses on traditional, Tonkotsu-style ramen made with pork broth, fresh ingredients and noodles.
The secret to Ai Ramen is using the best wholesome ingredients that are 100% free of artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives. That means there is absolutely no food coloring in the noodles, no MSG in the ramen broth, and no antibiotics used in the meats served.
Ai Ramen is currently serving 4 ramen options:
- Ai Ramen– signature ramen, scallions, chasu pork, red ginger, lime, pepper, black mushrooms, seasoned egg, and mayu with Ai original broth
- Miso Butter Ramen– miso, garlic butter, corn, scallions, chasu pork, red ginger, seasoned egg, and mayu with Ai original broth
- Spicy Miso Ramen- miso, spicy mayu, chasu pork, red ginger, lime, pepper, black mushrooms, seasoned egg with Ai original broth
- Veggie Ramen- steamed mixed veggies, scallions, red ginger, and fried leeks with light soy veggie broth
Add extra egg, pork, extra veggies, or extra noodles for an additional charge. There are no gluten-free options available. We loved the Spicy Miso Ramen if you’re looking for more depth of flavor in your broth and a little heat.
Bao are also offered at Ai Ramen. These steamed buns are filled with a protein, teriyaki sauce, lettuce and scallions. Proteins include Chashu Pork, Shrimp Tempura with spicy mayo, and Grilled Chicken. We preferred the Shrimp Tempura Bao since we ordered Chasu Pork in our ramen.
Sushi rolls made fresh daily are also offered as a lighter alternative, especially ideal in the hot summer months ahead. Try one of the 6 sushi rolls available including:
- Avocado Cucumber Roll
- California Roll
- Salmon Avocado Roll
- Spicy Tuna Avocado Roll
- All Salmon Nigri and Roll Combo
- Tuna Salmon Nigri and Roll Combo
Sip on some Oolong Tea, Pomegranate Oolong Tea, or Hibiscus Tea all served cold. We enjoyed the flavor and color of the Pomegranate Oolong Tea, although if you prefer unsweetened tea we’d suggest the Hibiscus Tea. Delivery is not offered, so stop by Ai Ramen in The Shops at Liberty Place Food Court, Monday through Saturday from 11 am- 7pm and Sundays from 12- 6 pm.
We would like to thank Carolyn for inviting us to stop by and try Ai Ramen.