This Sunday, February 5th Super Bowl 51 will be played in Houston, Texas as the New England Patriots will take on the Atlanta Falcons for the 2017 title. If you’re wondering where you can get all the action, we’ve got the scoop to spots all over Philadelphia!
- Revolutions at Penns Treaty offers guests the chance to view the game on dozen massive 6 foot High Def Screens and twice as many high-end bowling lanes. Fishtown will be turned upside down during the big game with this big night starting up at 6 pm, Sunday February 5th. Entry is only $25 a person, and what is even better is that everyone gets a $25 Restaurant gift card good for food and beverage at their restaurant, Burger & Beer Joint! Burger & Beer Joint is the Rock N Roll sports themed restaurant and bar concept within Revolutions at Penn Treaty. Today they have expanded to seven locations throughout Florida and San Juan, Puerto Rico.Revolutions at Penn Treaty is located at 1009 Canal Street in the Penn Treaty Complex, next to the Fillmore and Punch Line, and across from SugarHouse Casino.
2. Brü Craft & Wurst in Midtown Village allows guests to catch the game on giant projection wall while enjoying $5 pints of selections from Harpoon (Boston) and Sweetwater (Georgia). Chef Craig Meyers will serve up eight varieties of wings $8 and ten varieties of house-made sausages $10. Wings varieties include: Cherry Molasses, General Tso’s, Orange Arbol, Black Garlic, Sesame, Sweet & Sour Beer, Redcurrant Ginger, Rauchbier BBQ, and Sriracha Maple.
3. The Little Lion will host a Super Bowl watch party at the upstairs bar starting 30 minutes before kick-off. Enjoy game time specials like Southern Poutine which is hand-cut fries tossed in dry rub, with house pork belly, short rib jus, house-made farmers cheese sauce, fried egg and scallion for $5.00, buck-a-shuck oysters, and discount drinks. The Lion Burger will also be featured made with Pat Lafrieda 8oz. burger, aged white cheddar, smoked bacon, pickled red onion, pimento cheese, butter lettuce, heirloom tomato, sesame seed brioche.
4. Brauhaus Schmitz‘s party will feature an all-you-can-eat buffet for $25! Head to South Street for all your football favorite finger foods including a cheese tray, veggies and ranch dip, chips and roasted onion dip, pretzel sticks, buffalo and old bay garlic wings, bacon and cheese fries, sloppy joes, spicy Hungarian sausages with peppers and onions, and smoked cheddar mac and cheese. $4 select draft beers will be available and the party starts at 5:30 pm.
“We know that most people tend to eat a lot on the evening of the Super Bowl, so we wanted to provide our diners with the opportunity to come in and enjoy a sensible, lighter meal before the game,” said Chef Zama.
Zama will be selling sushi trays for takeout for Super Bowl entertaining. The takeout sushi trays will feature ten maki rolls for $50, or pre-ordered for $45. The trays will also be available with a six-pack of Kirin or Sapporo Light for an additional $15 per six pack. The trays will be plated and ready for serving and will feature a variety of rolls including spicy tuna, spicy salmon, eel and avocado and California rolls. Each tray will come with a bag of accoutrements including low sodium soy sauce, wasabi, ginger and chopsticks.
CoZara will offer wing tray pre-orders for the Super Bowl. There will be six different types of wings on each tray including mango and mint, Tabasco mayo, Harakiri “super spicy”, honey black pepper, Korean chili, and Japanese five spice. All items served with pickled celery and carrots. Platters serve 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50 wings. There will also be a special of 120 wings for $75 that will include 20 wings of each flavor.
6. South Philadelphia’s Taproom on 19th hosts a Super Bowl viewing party with half price wings in four flavors: honey chiptole, garlic parmasean, buffalo and korean. Wash it all down with $3 Yuengling bottles, $3 Chesterfields, $10 pitchers, and $2.50 Millers Lite and High Life. Special menu items include Buffalo Fried Cauliflower and a selection of burgers.
7. Bridget Foy’s in Headhouse Square will be offering those who stop by to catch the game on at the bar, buffalo wings for only $5.00 and Kenzinger drafts for $3.00 throughout the game.
8. Nick’s Bar and Grille in Old City District hosts their annual Super Bowl Party with$3 Bud, Bud Light and Yuengling Lager, $10 buckets (Miller Light 16oz cans, Miller High Life bottles, Lager Light bottles , Rolling Rock 16oz cans, and Bud Light Aluminum), $5 city wides, $5 roast beef sandwiches, and $5 roast pork sandwiches. Bud Light girls are dropping by with Bud Light Aluminum bottles and other giveaways. Full delivery and take-out menu also available for favorites like SIX varieties of hot wings (Mild, Hot, Old Bay, Hot & Honey, Garlic Parmesan, Barbecue), sandwich trays and more. Call 215-928-9411 for info or to place orders.
9. Valley Forge Casino Resort hosts the annual Big Game Watch Party on the huge 15 foot screen with a bottomless buffet and open bar for $50 or buffet only $25. Open bar includes beer, wine and soda. Score a touchdown with the ultimate tailgate party on the Main Line. Menu includes stadium favorites like popcorn, pretzels and honey mustard, crispy ranch-style kettle chips, buffalo wings, hot dogs, chili dogs, BBQ pork sliders, slaw, fire hot sauce, Parmesan curly fries, chocolate chip cookies and more. . Tickets available on Ticketmaster.
10. SliCE for the first time ever, will offer wings on Super Bowl Sunday! Enjoy South Philly style “twice cooked” wings – first they are baked with salt and pepper, then they are deep fried and tossed in one of five sauces (Signature, Barbecue, Hot Sauce, Dry Rub, Gluten-Free). Stop by their locations in Rittenhouse or South Jersey to view the game. And don’t forget about the Super Bowl Sunday Pizza which is an upscale twist on the cheesesteak, with hand-tossed crust, topped with thinly sliced ribeye steak, green pepper and onion ribbons, gorgonzola cheese and house made steak sauce.
11. ELA will be offering Super Bowl fried chicken dinner and wings to go! This chicken dinner offers crispy honey-brined whole fried chicken, truffle mac and cheese with cornbread crust, and sweet chili cornbread muffins. Order online for 8-20 people at http://elaphilly.com/wings-pre-order/. ELA is also offering four types of special wings to go at $10/lb – including House-made Old School Hot Sauce, Smoked Salted Caramel, Roasted Peanut Miso and Truffle Honey & Parmesan.
12. Revolution Taco has got take out tacos too! Make Your Own Taco Buffet available for take-out serves up to 5 people. Set-ups can also include utensils, wire chafing dish, sternos and even set-up service. Revolution Taco also is offering to-go burrito trays with assorted burritos and chips/salsa, mix and match your own protein selections with prices from $13.50-14.50 per person. Other Super Bowl specials include Buffalo Chicken Empanada tray with blue cheese dip or ranch dip. Email Carolyn@streetfoodphilly.com or call 215-205-8345 to order today. Suggested 24-48 hours notice suggested.