With Pi Day coming up on March 14th, what better way to celebrate than with pizza? One of the newest additions to the Philadelphia fast-casual dining scene is &pizza. Starting in Washington, D.C. this modern pizzeria first opened in July 2012. Today Philadelphia is the 20th location for &pizza to call home and they’re also expanding to Baltimore, MD and New York City! The Founder and CEO Michael Lastoria built the brand to create a different kind of pizza shop – one where experience is the focal point, and every shop reflects the culture and people of its neighborhood.
The core values of the company include striving to create meaningful connections in everything, every day. They take pride in everything they do. &pizza preaches not to follow trends, but create them. And most importantly create group success by celebrating the individual. Employees are referred to as members of “the tribe” and even offered a free tattoo of the company’s logo, their Philadelphia partner is Moo Tattoo on South Street. &pizza supports the fight for higher wages, and all employees start above minimum wage.
Walking into the store on 15th Street you’ll find yourself in a monochromatic world of black and white, with a mural by local artist Joe Boruchow on the north wall. Guests can enjoy pizza made with organic dough (that is also available gluten-free), pick a sauce and then load up with unlimited toppings for no extra charge (except shrimp). Fresh produce is locally-sourced when possible and adjusted for seasonality to ensure freshness and quality. And you can get all this delicious pizza till 3 am on Friday and Saturday nights! So create your own custom pie, or choose one of their best selling creations like:
- The OG with classic tomato, mozzarella, tomato, olive oil, basil
- Gnarlic with garlic ricotta, mozzarella, grilled onion, pesto, garlic sauce, parmesan
- Moonstruck with mushroom truffle, garlic ricotta, mozzarella, mushroom, grilled onion, goat cheese, fig balsamic
- Farmer’s Daughter with spicy tomato, spinach, mozzarella, Italian sausage, egg, parmesan, hot sauce (our favorite!)
- Pineapple Jack with classic tomato, mozzarella, salami, pineapple, pickled red onion, parmesan, cherry bomb bbq
- Maverick (Meat Lovers) with classic tomato, mozzarella, salami, pepperoni, Italian sausage, pesto, parmesan
- Salad Pizza with olive oil, romaine, cucumber, tomato, shredded cheese, pickled red onion, ranch, moon cheese (when you’re trying to be healthy)
- Elvis with chocolate-hazelnut peanut butter, banana, bacon, grape jam (sweet and salty)
- Lori Lane with white chocolate sauce, berries, sweet ricotta, agave syrup
We can’t lie its very tempting to make your own pizza here and pile it with toppings. Luckily no matter what its delicious- just slightly more messy if you load it up. We love the unique variety of toppings offered here because you can truly make a pizza that you won’t be able to find anywhere else. Plus they’re even serving up all natural house-made craft sodas! Choose from Ginger Berry Lemonade, Dark Cherry Cola, Mango + Passion Fruit, Pear + Fig Elixir, Cherry Bomb, or Burdock + Anise Root Beer. If you’re looking for a sugar-free beverage they’ve also got iced teas from Running Bird Iced Tea.
Celebrate Pi Day and stop by March 14th from 11 am- 9pm. Couples headed to the U Street &pizza shop in Washington, D.C. in 2015 and now they’re bringing the Pi Day Wedding Chapel to Philadelphia! The ampersand has always stood for connecting two things, while &pizza’s core values have always centered around “oneness,” making the guest experience personal and creating meaningful connections every day. The annual &pizza Pi Day Wedding Chapel is a way of celebrating those values through one of the most meaningful and personal acts two people can experience.