Olive Oil French Fries
Did you know August is National Olive Oil Month? We’re celebrating with Olive Oil French Fries using Gaea, the leading Greek food company specializing in authentic Mediterranean products and known for their Extra Virgin Olive Oils.
The Gaea products offer all the tasty ingredients, indispensable for the finest, traditional Greek cuisine. These ingredients are exclusively of the highest quality: naturally grown in the fertile earth of Greece, sun-ripened and harvested the traditional way. It is important for Gaea to preserve and to optimize what “Mother Earth” is offering to the people. Each variety of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in Gaea’s collection has its own flavor profile, ranging from grassy and fruity to bitter and peppery. Gaea’s Extra Virgin Olive Oils have extremely high levels of vitamins and antioxidants such as polyphenols, which have many proven health and wellness benefits. Additionally, Gaea’s Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oilsare 100% natural, without any preservatives or artificial additives.
- 4½ cups organic potatoes
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil GAEA PDO Region Kalamata
- Coarse salt
- Fresh pepper
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven at 450 °F and scrub the potatoes clean
- Cut cleaned potatoes into slices approximately 1 cm thick and place them in a bowl filled with water and leave them to soak for approximately 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, season them with salt and pepper and place them on a baking dish. Top them off with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from the PDO region of Kalamata.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Season with paprika.
- Reduce the temperature to 200°C and bake for 10 more minutes or until they get a nice golden color.