This summer, all the way from the Outer Banks, North Carolina, Duck Donuts opened up shop. Founder Russ DiGilio came up with the restaurant and name because his family vacationed for many years in Duck, North Carolina. The quiet, family-oriented town, was missing a place to get something sweet —like a warm, fresh donut. The first Duck Donuts open there in 2006.
These warm, fresh and made-to-order donuts pair well with a great selection of coffees and soon they were expanding and adding franchise owners to our Duck Donuts family. Now with 49 open franchise stores and more than 120 upcoming locations, the focus is still about offering a welcoming, family-friendly and delicious experience to everyone that visits one of the stores.
The famous Duck Donut is a freshly-made vanilla cake donut that you coat, top and drizzle as you wish. Start by choosing a coating like: Bare, Cinnamon Sugar, Powdered Sugar, Glazed, Icing: Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Peanut Butter, Maple, Lemon, or Blueberry. Next choose from toppings like Sprinkles (Rainbow & Chocolate), Graham Cracker, Chopped Peanuts, Bacon Pieces, Shredded Coconut, or Oreos®. Finally a drizzle can top it all off, choose from Hot Fudge, Marshmallow, Salted Caramel, Raspberry, or Blackberry.
Duck Donuts also offers 12 classic tried and true combonations:
- Maple Bacon– Most popular by far, this savory and sweet donut is a tribute to everyone’s favorite breakfast food with maple icing with pieces of chopped bacon on top
- Vanilla with Rainbow Sprinkles– Simplicity and colorful with creamy vanilla icing doused in a handful of flavorful rainbow sprinkles atop a warm donut.
- Chocolate Vanilla Drizzle– What could be a more classic combination? Pairing chocolate and vanilla on a fresh donut is a recipe for a sure-fire classic.
- Blueberry Powdered Sugar– Know how to chase away the blues? Coat a made-to-order donut in creamy blueberry icing + shower it with powdered sugar = instant happiness!
- Peanut Butter and Raspberry– Paying homage to the peanut butter and jelly sandwich, with creamy peanut butter icing and decadent raspberry drizzle.
- Glazed with Peanuts– Pair our satisfying glaze with generous handfuls of crushed peanuts, we bet you’ll go nuts for this donut!
- Cinnamon Sugar– When you start with a fresh, made-to-order donut sometimes that’s all you need is to add a thick coating of sweet cinnamon sugar.
- Vanilla with Oreo Crumbles– Just like cookies and cream, this donut has creamy vanilla icing and crumbled Oreo cookie crumbles.
- Powdered Sugar– The very definition of a classic donut.
Plus special seasonal donut coating, toppings, and drizzles are available!
And if you love ice cream than you’ll love Duck Donuts sundaes! A warm donut, coated to your liking, with a scoop of vanilla or chocolate Breyers® ice cream on top and then drizzled and topped to your delight. They’ve got a Classic Donut Sundae with peanuts, sprinkles, and fudge piled high atop a warm, freshly made Duck donut. Yes, it is as good as it looks. A Salted Caramel Donut Sundae, this confection combines the rich caramel with saltwater taffy for a true taste of the boardwalk. And a S’mores Donut Sundae with vanilla ice cream, melted chocolate and graham cracker crumbles onto a classic donut. The only thing missing is the campfire.
Duck Donuts in King of Prussia is open everyday from 6:30 am till 8:00 pm. Call ahead orders require a minimum of a dozen donuts. Plus look for delivery and catering options coming soon!
Duck Donuts has also partnered with Gabe’s Chemo Duck Program, a non-profit organization that provides education, comfort and hope through stuffed ducks, medical play and therapeutic tools. The national sponsorship ensures that children undergoing treatment for cancer can have access to their own Chemo Duck, a stuffed yellow duck dressed in blue hospital scrubs with a chemotherapy port, to help them learn what to expect during treatment and have a friend to share the experience.
“My son, the inspiration behind Gabe’s Chemo Duck Program, and I could not be more proud of our growing partnership with Duck Donuts,” said Lu Sipos, founder and CEO of Gabe’s Chemo Duck Program. “There is truly no sweeter way to offer huggable hope to children living with cancer.”
Russ DiGilio, founder and CEO of Duck Donuts Franchising Company, “This allows us to not only raise awareness for an incredible organization, but to rally support for kids who are going through a difficult time, while aligning with our company’s mission of giving back to the communities we serve.”
Duck Donuts is proud to announce it has raised more than $75,000 throughout all locations during the month of September in support of the company’s inaugural Gabe’s Chemo Duck Program campaign. More than 2,000 Chemo Duck programs will be provided to children undergoing cancer treatment in the communities we serve thanks to the support of our loyal customers, franchise owners and team members. We look forward to continuing our partnership with Gabe’s Chemo Duck Program, and providing huggable hope to many kids in need.