This Sunday we’re pretty damn excited about the Philadelphia Eagles advancing to the second round in the NFC playoffs! To celebrate we made up a great recipe from Simple Mills, Gluten Free Jalapeno Poppers. If you love spicy food, these poppers will soon be right up there on your list the combination of spicy, creamy, and savory is hard to beat. Especially in the midst of football season, they’re undoubtedly a favorite for many of our friends. Whether you enjoy watching football or not- it’s really more about getting together with friends and sharing good food!
- 7 jalapenos
- 1/2 package of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 box of Simple Mills Jalapeno Sprouted Crackers
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro (minced)
- 1/4 cup cooked and chopped bacon pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take cream cheese out of the refrigerator. Crush box of Simple Mills Jalapeno Sprouted Crackers into small chunks/crumbs.
- Crush or mince garlic. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Use small bowl to combine cheddar cheese, bacon, green onions, cilantro, and garlic. and cream cheese. Place crushed Simple Mills Jalapeno Sprouted Crackers in another bowl.
- Cut jalapenos in half and remove seeds. Beat egg in a small bowl.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with approx. 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture.
- Dip each stuffed jalapeno half in the mixed egg and using a clean hand to drop it in the crushed crackers coating all sides.
- Arrange coated jalapenos with stuffing side up on the baking sheet. Season with black pepper.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until golden. Let rest for a few minutes before enjoying!