We’ve got a healthy spin on your classic Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles in place of pasta. Easy to make this low-carb version of the classic pasta dish is flavorful, quick to make, and so delicious! Not only are the zoodles a healthy, low-calorie, and low-carb option to replace pasta, but their mild flavor can easily adapt to a wide range of flavors, including the heap of lemon and garlic you’ll find in this light shrimp scampi recipe. For this recipe we used Sizzlefish shrimp are caught in US waters on the Gulf Coast, peeled, de-veined and frozen right at the peak of freshness.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound large shrimp, from Sizzlefish (frozen and thawed)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth or white wine
- Most shrimp scampi recipes do call for wine, so if you’d like to stick with tradition (or need another good reason to open a bottle), you can certainly add any dry white wine you’d also enjoy sipping along with your meal
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini noodles (from about 4 medium zucchini)
- If you aren’t ready to go all veg, you can also do a 50/50 blend of zucchini noodles and whole wheat pasta noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the shallot and cook until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the shrimp, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes, until the shrimp are beginning to cook but are still somewhat translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, just until the shrimp are completely opaque and cooked through.
- Stir in the zucchini noodles and parsley. Toss the noodles with the shrimp so that they are coated with the garlic-lemon sauce and heat just until warmed through. (Do not overcook or the zucchini noodles will become mushy.)
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve warm.
One thought on “Shrimp Scampi Zoodles”
Pasta is the key of happiness!! 😛 Check out my blog 🙂