Have you been trying to create new healthy habits in 2018? Well we’ve got a delicious was to start introducing superfoods into your diet. Better Body Foods’ Organic LIVfit Superfood Blend with Protein, makes it easy to ass a nutritious boost to your daily routine. This fully vegan blend with neutral flavor is made from whole fruit and vegetable concentrates and enriched with pea protein. This week we’re using this superfood powder and PBfit® Powdered Peanut Butter in a recipe for homemade Acai Bowls!
PBfit has only one-third the calories and 90% less fat than regular peanut butter. It adds an addition protein boost to this recipe along with the great taste of real peanuts along with the antioxidants, fiber, and prebiotics from the superfoods powder.
- 1/2 small banana
- 1 1/2 tsp PBfit® Powdered Peanut Butter
- 2 scoops of Organic LIVfit Superfood Blend with Protein
- 1 100-g (3.5-oz) pack frozen unsweetened acai berry pulp
- (We recommend Sambazon Unsweetened Acai Smoothie Pack; before opening your acai pack, run pack under water for 5 seconds to thaw and break the frozen pulp into smaller pieces.)
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or substitute with ¼ cup coconut milk combined with ¼ cup water
- 1/2 small banana, sliced
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 2 tsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup granola, optional
- Prepare acai purée: To a blender, add banana, peanut butter powder, superfoods powder, acai pulp, strawberries and a splash of milk. (Add to blender in that order as adding softer ingredients first makes it easier on your blender blades.)
- Blend on low until larger chunks are broken down, then gradually increase speed, adding a splash of milk at a time, and stopping to scrape down sides of blender if needed. When ingredients have mostly come together and all of milk has been added, blend on high for 15 to 20 seconds more.
- Pour acai purée into a shallow bowl, then add toppings for a picture perfect and nutrient dense treat!
- Don’t forget to share your homemade pics on Instagram and #philmytummy so we can see what you’ve made 🙂
Cover photo from Gimme Delicious