This week’s recipe is sponsored by Explore Cuisine. We’re using their Organic Green Lentil Penne Pasta with a beautiful and bright arugula pesto to give you a dish that is simple while still being delicious and naturally gluten free! This Green Lentil Penne Pasta brings a delightfully soft texture with 13g of protein and a healthy low saturated fat content.
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 cups arugula
- juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- salt & pepper
- 8 oz, 1 box of Explore Cuisine Organic Green Lentil Penne Pasta lentil pasta
- shredded Parmesan and red pepper flakes for serving
- Prepare pasta as directed.
- While pasta is cooking, process garlic cloves in food processor until finely chopped.
- Add arugula (two large handfuls), lemon zest and juice, nuts, oil, Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
- Process until desired consistency.
- Toss with pasta and top with shredded Parmesan and red pepper flakes if desired.
Explore Cuisine is committed to fair trade and sustainable living, so that everyone benefits along the way – from the field to your home. 2% of proceeds support the Food to Thrive Foundation. For more info, please see foodtothrivefoundation.org